Tuesday, March 10, 2009

bless the broken road

every long-lost dream
led me to where you are
others who broke my heart
they were like northern stars
pointing me on my way
into your loving arms
this much i know is true
that God blessed the broken road
that led me straight to you
i totally just fell in love with this song. it makes me feel so zen about life in general. like, it sucks sometimes, but sometimes it puts you in a really awesome place and you have to stop and wonder "would i be here now if everything had been perfect way back when?" and you know what? a lot of the time the answer is no. and i think it's much more difficult to be bitter about the past when you look at the big picture.

1 comment:

the Mark-Thomas train said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFzMugSteRc

start watching at 4:53