Thursday, November 13, 2008

a necessary destruction

"the ambiguity of truth, that is absolutely necessary but destroys us"
this came from my theatre professor this morning.
we were discussing the use of light in Ghosts today and its relationship to truth- specifically the blinding sunrise at the end of the play when everything is absolutely dark inside the house- and it got me thinking again about my not-so-epic fail last night.
i had a long and lonely walk home from rehearsal, with a lot of time to brood and make myself thoroughly depressed, and i was mostly pissed off that i have such recurring bad luck with relationships.
but already i can look back and say, well, at least i'm losing those illusions fast, before they consume me completely. it hurts and i'm not over him, but someday i could be.

No comments: