Tuesday, January 20, 2009

forgiveness

forgiveness for others comes from knowing yourself. if you are unsure of who you are you cannot hope to see who others are and forgive them for acting on it.
to everyone who's ever walked away from me when i needed them:
i don't know if you'll ever see this. frankly, i couldn't care less if you do or not. you left me when i needed you most, and i hated you for it, for not being there to pick me up. but in the end i picked myself up and brushed off the dirt and discovered that i didn't need any of you to hold my hand. so in a very roundabout way, thank you for not giving enough of a shit to see how depressed i'd gotten, because being abandoned made me stronger.
i'm independent. self-willed. maybe arrogant, but i'm very secure in who i am. i know i can take care of myself, and i know the value of not being alone. but most of all, i am happier than i've ever been before.

No comments: